Type Of Claim

Flood & Water Damage

flood Damage

If your property is flooded, it can be difficult to determine whether you should file a claim for flood damage or water damage. While each of these claim types can address similar types of damage, the claim process, including how claims are filed and handled, are vastly different.  When it comes to flood insurance and flood risk, most people may not realize that it has to be purchased as a separate policy from their homeowners insurance.  Before filing any type of water claim, it’s highly recommended that you consult with a professional public adjuster to assess the type of claim you should file, determine the scope of damage and help you to better understand what type of coverage you have.

Water Damage

Water damage is one of the most common causes of home insurance claims. It can be sudden and accidental, but its effects cause immediate and long-term damage to your property and your family’s health.  Water damage can cause some of the biggest financial expenses for insurance companies, which often results in much grief and aggravation for property owners who should be entitled to quick and fair settlements.  While every insurance policy offers varying degrees of water damage coverage, most of them cover damage where the cause of loss was “sudden and accidental.” This includes water damage from burst pipes, sink or tub overflow, toilet or sewage backups, and water intrusion from breaches in a window or roof.

Woman looking at damage after a water pipe leak at home

Don't Just settle with your insurance company

Have an expert look at your policy!

Español »